Plosker, Shayne, MD
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Shayne M. Plosker, M.D., is a board-certified reproductive endocrinologist. He received his medical degree from the University of Western Ontario, where he also completed his residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Following residency, he completed his fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of California, San Francisco.
Dr. Plosker has published numerous peer-reviewed scientific manuscripts, book chapters, and review articles in many leading scientific journals, and has been invited to present and consult nationally and internationally. He is the recipient of multiple scientific and teaching awards as well as awards for exemplary patient care, such as the American Society for Reproductive Medicine Star Award, News and World Report Top 10% of Doctors Nationwide Distinction 2011-2014, Best Doctors in America in Obstetrics and Gynecology 2017-2018, and Tampa Magazine’s Top Infertility Physician in Tampa Bay 2017 as chosen by his physician peers.
Prior to joining Shady Grove Fertility of Tampa Bay, Dr. Plosker was a professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine in Tampa. While at USF, he served as Division Director of USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology, and Medical Director of IVF at Tampa General Hospital from 2006-2019.
Dr. Plosker is an active member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology. He is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada. His interests include assisted reproductive technologies, pre-implantation genetic testing (PGT), fertility preservation, and international infertility care.
Dr. Plosker joined Shady Grove Fertility in 2019 and will be seeing new patients at SGF’s Brandon, FL location.
- Medical School: University of Western Ontario
- Residency: Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Western Ontario
- Fellowship: Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of California, San Francisco
Awards & Recognition
- US News & World Report Top 10% of Doctors Nationwide 2011-2014
- Best Doctors in America 2017-2018 in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Tampa Magazine Top Infertility Physician in Tampa Bay 2017
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Society for Assisted Reproductive Technologies
- Society of Reproductive Surgeons
- Ingram-Spellacy Society Founding Member
- Florida Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility