Information contained on WCF’s website is available to the general public and not intended for the purpose of providing medical advice. Please consult your provider regarding your specific diagnosis, treatment, and health questions. If you are experiencing an urgent medical condition, call 9-1-1.
Personal Information WCF Collects
We may collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us. We may also automatically collect this information as you navigate through or use our Website. Information collected automatically may include estimated or precise geo-location, usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. Finally, we may collect information from third parties, for example, our business partners.
How WCF Uses Your Information
WCF collects and uses Personal Information to deliver superior service to you. As you may know, our Mission is to improve the health of women every day. To that end, if you are a past, existing or future patient of our practices, we will periodically provide general health and wellness information regarding women’s care on our Website. We may also use your Personal Information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- to provide our Website and its functionality, contents, and services to you;
- to provide information about WCF and its products and services;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any services we offer or provide through our Website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- to affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. The services provided by these organizations include providing IT and infrastructure support services and marketing services;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by WCF about our Website users are among the assets transferred;
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of WCF, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- to enforce our rights; and
- with your consent.
Automatic Data Collection and Tracking Technologies
When you use our Website, we may automatically collect certain information, such as where you browse within our Website, traffic and location data, and information about the computer and Internet connection. This information helps us administer the Website and provide a better user experience, and we may connect this information to Personal Information that you provide to us, or we collect from other sources.
Our Website may contain transparent GIF files (also known as “web beacons,” “action tags,” or “pixel tags”) or use other technologies to help manage online advertising. These GIF files are used to recognize when a user views a web page or opens an e-mail. The information enables WCF to learn which e-mails and advertisements bring users to our Website.
To help manage our advertising and sites, we may use third-party products such as AdSense, AdWords, Google Analytics, a range of Double-Click-branded services, and IBM Marketing Cloud. When you visit a page that uses one of these products, various cookies may be sent to your browser. These may be sent from multiple different domains. These cookies enable WCF to use other services in conjunction with third-party vendors (such as measurement, ad delivery, or reporting services), and these third-party services may send their own cookies to your browser and collect information about your use of our Website, including your IP address. More information on, for example, Google services can be found at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Sometimes, when you click on a link or an advertisement on our Website, your browser may be momentarily redirected to the website of a third party, which, acting at the request of WCF, notes or “counts” your response to the site before re-directing your browser to the link you selected. This redirection process may not be apparent to you. We use this process for counting overall responses.
How Does WCF Protect Your Personal Information?
WCF maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect customer and patient information. Our Website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Our servers are backed up regularly and protected by security systems. While we use industry-standard technologies and measures to protect any data you provide to us, nothing can completely guarantee the security of transmission of data or information over the Internet. For this reason, we cannot guarantee against the loss, misuse, or alteration of data or Personal Information that you provide to us, and we are not responsible and disclaim any liability for any damages or injuries which arise from such loss, misuse, or alteration. You provide the Personal Information to us at your own risk.
Child Privacy/Notice to Parents
We recognize that protecting children’s identities and privacy online is important. Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to our Website. WCF will not knowingly collect Personal Information from any person we actually know to be under 13 years old. If you are under the age of 13, do not use our Website or provide any information through our Website. We also encourage parents to talk to their children about safe use and responsible ways of using the Internet.
Choices About How WCF Uses and Discloses Your Information
We honor all requests to be removed from our marketing lists. If you do not want to receive e-mail, telephone messages or direct mail from WCF, contact us at PatientServices@WomensCareFL.com and we will remove your name from our in-house list.
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. These third parties may aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Information:
- Promotional Offers from WCF. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by WCF to promote our own services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail or other marketing communications you receive from us. This opt out does not apply to information provided by WCF as a result of your use of our services.
- Targeted Advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on your online activity. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website.
Questions, Complaints, and Contacts
Women’s Care Florida Privacy
Attn: Director of Risk Management and Compliance
5002 W. Lemon Street
Tampa, FL 33609
Last Modified: November 11, 2020
© 2020 Women’s Care Florida, LLC